I will try and help any founder I can, but sometimes it's easier to ask for help if you know exactly how someone can help you. Here is what I am generally good an helping with:
- I try to be an enabler and/or an accelerator - I will help with anything that pushes the business forward
- I don't tell founders how to run their business, I don't believe that is the role of a VC
I can provide feedback on...
- your product (UX/UI, new features, website copy, new mobile app builds, etc).
- product direction and features ideas.
- pitch decks.
- sales decks.
- any type of written work: blog posts, one-pagers, etc.
- sending a job spec around to my network
- screening potential candidates for sales, marketing, or product roles (I did some hiring at my previous jobs)
- recruiting strategies and messaging (I did this a lot of this at my last job).
- Strong connections in the venture world, especially at seed and series A
- Early customer introductions (for b2b companies)
- I like acting as a sounding board